CONFERENCE “CAREER MANAGEMENT: SUCCESSES AND PROSPECTS”
Tomorrow, May 27, 2020, at 10:00 am, the conference “Career Management: Success and Prospects” will take place.
The conference is part of the REVOCC II project implemented by CEDA in partnership with MECC and ANOFM with financial support from ADA.
The aim of the conference is to capitalize on the results of the pilot testing of the Career Management module by identifying the successes and prospects of implementing the module in institutions that provide continuing education services for teachers and administrators.
The event will be held in the Zoom Platform online format.
The conference will be attended by representatives of institutions providing lifelong learning services for teachers and managers, participants in the pilot of the module, the REVOCC project team, representatives of the MECC, ADA and beneficiaries of training programs implemented under the project from May 2019 to May 2020. Four universities and three centers of excellence will present lessons learned and new perspectives for the continuing education module Career Management at their institutions.
During a pilot period, from May 2019 to May 2020, 15 CEDA-trained instructors trained over 863 teachers and administrators in general and secondary vocational education.
Based on the follow-up meeting on May 7, 2020 and the preliminary data collected, we can see the following results:
– 4 universities have diversified their lifelong learning offerings by introducing the module into training programs for teachers and managers:
– The module is included in the offer to improve the qualifications of teachers and administrators in the 600-hour program (20 credits)
– The module is integrated into the continuous education program in the discipline “Personal development” within the framework of a 90-hour program (3 credits).
– Career management will be offered as a separate thematic module when choosing training potentials.
– In Comrat State University, as a course, the second cycle of higher education (master’s degree), specialization “Educational Management” is included in the curriculum
– At the State University of Physical Education and Sports, it is integrated into the programs and curricula of continuous professional training of coaches-testers.
– 3 centers of excellence have developed lifelong learning services in career management.
– 863 participants of the training will apply the accumulated experience in managing their own career, organizing classes in the discipline “Personal development” and career guidance of students and future athletes.
Through collaborative efforts by CEDA in partnership with MECC under the REVOCC project, a significant proportion of the teaching and administrative staff in general and vocational secondary education will have access to continuing education programs in Career Management.
Thus, as a result of the training, the participating teachers will develop career guidance skills, and students will receive support at various stages of development, which includes information about the world of professions and the labor market, support in career decisions, employment, etc. personal and professional marketing, professional career design, etc.